Sunday 11 September 2016

Fight Club!!!

Fight Club!!!!

Haha!!! OMG!!! Infertility so is fight club!!

I am so happy that I have found the world of infertility bloggers, bloody hell there are a lot of us! I just wish I had found it a year ago when I first started on this journey, and felt very alone!

So anyway tonight I have been reading a few blogs, and have noted a few people have likened the fertility clinic to fight club, and OMG they are so right!! The first rule; you do not talk about it, the second rule; you do not talk about it! So fucking true!!

It is such a funny place, it does make me chuckle inappropriately inside everytime I go in, and it appears the clinics across the country and across the pond are all the same!

And so not what I was expecting, I was expecting lesbians, fat people, old people, sugar daddys and slutty 20yr olds! But no far from it, lots are like me! Lots of youngish couples, late 20s/early 30s in loving relationships, who are probably like us, married nice people, fit and 'healthy' have a career and done things the sensible way around only to then be fucked over by the fertility fairy, who has decided to deny you the one thing you want most in the world, and make you go to fight club!!

You also do NOT under any circumstances talk to anyone in the waiting room, you do NOT sideways smile at them, you do NOT give a reassuring grin, you stare at the wall, the floor anything to not catch anyones eye! I made that mistake back when I was a newbie, I often make that mistake to be fair, it is second nature for me to smile at people, I am often known for my 'smile' my 'grin' but what people often don't realise is that it is often also my mask. Though not always, believe it or not I am a very positive person, I ALWAYS look on the 'brightside' and always try to find the positive in a situation, so rarely do I let things get the better of me and let my mask slip, though this infertility shit is really fucking me off and the mask has slipped on occasion. 




No comments:

Post a Comment